Eliel Champion Jersey Standards
Champion Jersey Standards
Here at Eliel we love outfitting championship teams and riders. To make the process as easy as possible for your team manager we have a set of guidelines for adding champion trim to an existing team design.
Eliel offers a complimentary standard champion trim placement on jersey arm bands, jersey collar, skinsuit arm bands and bib leg bands. Standard champion trim is offered at no additional cost and counts toward order minimums. This complimentary addition is for National Champions, Masters National Champions, World Champions or Olympic Champions. Additional items such as outer wear and accessories with champion trim are subject to order minimums and art fees. Standard placement of bands are shown below.
Champion trim is added to existing team art. The team art is created first, the standard champion trim is then completed by our art team prior to sending for approval. Teams are asked to provide the race result of the championship race. Champion trim is at the discretion of Eliel.
Champion Trim FAQ
Can we do a unique trim design or design on the front of a jersey (or skinsuit)?
- Eliel offers complimentary standard trim placement on jerseys, bibs and skinsuit. Unique design or trims will require additional art time and are subject to minimums.
Do jerseys, bibs and skinsuits with champion trim placement count toward the teams minimum?
- Yes. As an example your team is ordering nine standard jerseys and one jersey with standard national champion trim. This meets the total of ten piece minimum.
Can we add champion trim to accessories or other items?
- Champion trim placement on accessories or outerwear will require additional art time and are subject to minimums. Example, the team is ordering eight arm warmers without champion trim and three arm warmers with champion trim. These two arm warmer designs are considered two separate styles and both are subject to minimums.
Can we change the seam color near the trim?
- Seam color will be that of the rest of the design and not changed for the championship trim.
Can different championships be combined? Example; rider has national championship and world championship.
- No, only one selection of trim is allowed for complimentary placement. Usually the highest level championship is selected by the team for trim placement.
Is champion trim for both current and past champions?
- For National Champions in the United States, USA Cycling has laid out rules in section IV of their general guidelines. "Only former National Champions are permitted to wear the Stars and Stripes pattern on the trim of their jerseys. The Stars and Stripes pattern may be worn in all disciplines, not just the discipline in which it was won."
- According to the UCI, former World Champions are allowed to wear a trim to their collar and sleeves in the same pattern as the rainbow jersey.
One of our team members won nationals last weekend, can we get him a jersey?
- Champion trim treatment is only available when the entire order is placed. If the team would like to order a jersey with champion trim an order can be placed that meet the current minimums.
Do you do complimentary state champion trim?
- State champion trim is not available as a complimentary service. The team can add a second design that meets current minimums to supply team members with state champion trim. Art fees apply.